Paid positions at Pushkin House are advertised on this page as and when they arise, and unfortunately we cannot facilitate employment inquiries or applications which do not relate to an advertised position.
Evening Front of House Manager / Facilities Manager
- To run the complete evening front of house service to give visitors, partners and performers/speakers the best possible experience of Pushkin House. This may include seating people especially the elderly.
- To make all practical and technical arrangements for evening events (public and private), with the aim of contributing to improved visitor experience and increased income. This includes venue set up and trouble-shooting.
- To assist with ‘transforming’ the house as and when required ie preparing rooms for private hire/ exhibition viewing/ evening events.
- Cash and bar sales: recording cash transactions for tickets and drinks and completing daily records.
- To keep storage of technical equipment and furniture, glasses etc that are used in room hire and for our own events, tidy and efficient.
- To contribute to the promotion of the Pushkin House programme and services to all guests (to increase audience and income).
- To assist the Senior Operation Manager/Executive Director with the practical management of the premises, as required.
- To assist the Senior Operation Manager/Executive Director with management of technical supplier contracts, as required.
- To provide a positive and efficient first point of contact with Pushkin House, handling personal, telephone and written enquiries, including in Russian.
- On evenings when no events are taking place, administrative support for other Pushkin House work as required, including answering enquiries, amending website, correspondence with Friends, preparation of monthly programmes and event information etc
- To be responsible for maintaining health and safety standards in Pushkin House during evening hours, to act on the delegated authority of the Licence Holder and to lock and secure the building at the end of the evening and set the alarm.
- Other (depending on experience): support for facilities management/ social media management/ membership administration/ event marketing & design of promotional materials/video editing
- Other duties as occasionally required by the Senior Operation Manager and the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and enthusiasm for meeting new people and customer contact
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people, including VIPs & potential clients
- High standards and excellent attention to detail (for managing booking systems, arrangements for clients, complex enquiries from potential new clients etc.)
- An ability to work independently and keep calm under pressure, as well as work in a team
- Fluency in both English and Russian languages
- Reliability and punctuality
- Enthusiasm for Russian culture
- Dedication to learning new skills and providing a high level of service, and willingness to throw yourself in to a wide variety of tasks
- Strong computer skills
- Smart personal appearance
- You must be London based and have proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Other skills in social media marketing, membership administration, designing documents using Publisher, or facilities management would be an advantage but are not essential
24 - 30hours per week, 4pm - 10pm, with occasional overtime. Pay is £9.50 p/h.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - 31 JULY 2017
To apply please email your Cover Letter, stating why you would like to work at Pushkin House, and CV to email@example.com