Become part of a team in a vibrant cultural centre in the heart of London!
Pushkin House is looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as an Accountant to maintain day to day book keeping and assist with forward budgeting for the charity.
Part time. 15-20 hours per week, to be spread over 3-5 days.
Salary: £23-£26,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
To be responsible on a day-to-day basis for Pushkin House’s financial administration, including bookkeeping, raising invoices and purchase orders, preparing payments for approval, maintaining financial records and providing financial information as necessary to the Director and Board of Trustees.
The Accountant will also work closely with the Events Manager and Executive Director on budget management, VAT returns, preparing Pushkin House’s end of year accounts and managing the annual audit.
Due to the small size of the team, the Accountant will be expected to cover reception 2-3 mornings per week.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Day to day book-keeping related to events
- The preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting in the preparation and processing of payments to suppliers
- Ensuring that invoices received are from agreed suppliers, calculated correctly and contain the correct information
- Dealing with Payroll (Salary, PAYE, pension, holiday pay)
- Supporting in control procedures, documentation and filing
- Assisting in the management of accounts receivable
- Administration of petty cash
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Completing month end procedures
- Maintaining all financial records ensuring compliance and assisting in audit preparation
- Undertaking adhoc duties to support the smooth running of the charity including support for the Events Manager and Executive Director.
- Supporting the charity’s fundraising programme.
- A minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience, including being a confident user of Sage
- Understanding VAT for charities
- Excellent analytical skills including the use of spreadsheets (Excel) and other financial management tools
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Engaging and personable with an ability to communicate with both colleagues and suppliers alike
- A positive 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Some experience setting budgets and preparing management accounts
- AAT part qualified accountant
- Spoken and written Russian
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for Russian culture
Pushkin House is committed to creating a working environment that reflects the broad diversity of our local community. We aim to foster a productive and supportive workplace that provides equal opportunities for all employees.
We want to meet the aims and commitments set out in our equality policy. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce in encouraging equality and diversity.
Closes 5th February 2017. Interviewing week of 20th February.
Industry: Arts & heritage, Events, Music, Theatre, Venue, Visual arts, Charities, Arts & culture, Finance & accounting, Accountancy, Financial services
Job function: Finance
Job level: Experienced (non manager)
Hours: Part Time
Education level: Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
To apply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com